Sunday, February 06, 2011

Falling in love

Iain Broome, over at Write for your life (a blog I have ONLY just discovered)  posed the question: How did you fall in love with writing? At first I thought, but I've always written, and then realised that I hadn't actually answered the question.

If anything the affair began in a somewhat one-sided manner. You know when you have that friend who always hangs around, is always there to support you, but you just take them for granted. I was told at school that I was good at writing, and I thought that was enough. It wasn't a job or anything, it was just a hobby. After, a bit of infidelity on my part (pottery, photography and painting) I realised I had downed my pen for many years.

So how did I fall in love? Well, I fell in love with writing around the same moment that I began to have some big revelations about love itself.  Love is hard work. You need to work on love every day. Love can  make you ecstatically happy and downright miserable. Love should never be taken for granted.

I'm not sure that I could read my early blog posts, but if you could, then you would see how between 2006 and 2007 I fell in love. Alternatively, how about your share your own story? Either on your blog, at Write for your life or here in my comments.

2 comments:

Rick said...

I was forced to think to myself--if you read *my* blog posts, you couldn't help but notice how I've quite definitely fallen *out* of love with writing.
Never considered myself a "writer" but (like you) always seemed to have a bit of skill at it. I used to enjoy it (in a non-professional sort of way), but these days...
These days it's all poison...
Oh well...! :-)

Unknown said...

I had noticed there were a lot less words, but also there are a lot more photos, which I do love looking at and you seem to love taking.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...