Monday, August 22, 2011

I've done gone and joined yet another...

...Blog challenge. And it wasn't easy to be honest. There was this whole post to read, there were all these hoops to jump through and then I needed to choose which groups I wanted to be a part of. And I don't read instructions easily and follow them even less easily. But you know it just seemed a kind of cool thing to do. I'm going back to work in September and I thought to myself that Rachael Harrie's challenge was exactly what I needed to get me over that hump. 

Don't get me wrong, I love my job. I am truly privileged to help children learn in a way that encourages them to learn in a school where they learn to love learning. I can't ask better than that. But I am also privileged to have a job that allows me the time to write and I've been a writer these last two months, so bear with me, because it's going to be a little hard pushing that job to the sides and going back to the paying one.

Anyway enough gushing and about this blog challenge. Well it's called the Third Writer's Platform-Building Campaign. It runs right from yesterday to October 31st. The idea is that a whole bunch of writers at different stages of the journey get together and we kind of promote each other. There are three blog challenges and there may be prizes. You know me, I like prizes. Other than that, the idea is just to get to know people. So that's what I'm going to be doing. If you would like to join, you have until August 31st to do so. Go on you know you want to.

18 comments:

Beth Kemp said...

Thanks for leaving me a comment Michele. Interviewing campaigners is a great idea for a series, and yes I'd love to be part of that. Thanks for asking.

I think this is going to be fun! I met lots of new people through the A-Z challenge, so I'm hopeful this will be the same.

Unknown said...

Yeah, lots of people popped by yesterday. It was a bit of a shock seeing all these comments all of a sudden! Right, I shall go think up some interview questions straight away.

Kelley said...

I like your blog vibe :) <3 from a fellow campaigner and now follower

Small Town Shelly Brown said...

Fun! I'm doing this as well.

I don't read instructions as well as I should either.
I need them to be really short ;)

alberta ross said...

hi fellow campaigner just dropping in to say isn't this fun - I was in the last one and couldn't wait for it to start again

Gerhi Janse van Vuuren said...

Hi Michelle,

Just saying hi. Joined the campaign today. Don't have much else to say. Too late in the day to think of something witty.

Unknown said...

Hey Kelley, Shelly, Alberta and Gerhi, thanks for dropping by and commenting. I've been working on a little project today, but will hopefully pop by soon.

alberta ross said...

Hi - just read on Beths site youre thinking of interviewing fellow campaigners every Monday - I was wondering if I could fit the bill - I'm organizing a book tour for myself at end of Sept and beg Oct - could I slip in on one of these Mondays do you think 19th,26th Sept or 3rd Oct

Unknown said...

Oh Alberta, the only date I have left is the 31st Oct, would that date be OK? PM me your e mail addy and we'll see what we can work out.

Daniel R. Marvello said...

Hi Michele! Just another campaigner dropping by. I look forward to your posts and the guest posts you mentioned. Should be fun!

Katharina Gerlach said...

Hi I'm another campaigner. I like the idea of havin interviews. Rach mentioned a choose your own adventure bloghopping thingy. I'd love to do that too.

Unknown said...

Hi Daniel and Cat, a bloghop sounds like fun. I almost did one years ago, it was a choose your own adventure type thing, but when it got to my turn I was so busy I couldn't meet the deadline! Hope I can this time around.

Grillyfish said...

Another campaigner and new follower :) Looking forward to reading your blog

Maeve Frazier said...

Hi Michele - just stopping by and getting to know you. I am a new follower. I am loving this campaign it is my first one and I am getting to read so many more blogs and meeting other writers. I enjoyed reading your blog!

Jules said...

I'm another campaigner and we're in the YA group together :D

I'm slowly making my way around everyone!

I'm a new follower :D

http://thegreatthegoodandthebad.blogspot.com/

Julie Flanders said...

Thanks for coming by my blog, Michele! It's great to meet you and I'm looking forward to seeing you around on the Campaign! :)

Roger Eschbacher said...

Fellow campaigner and and fantasy group member stopping by to say hi. Hi Michele!

Unknown said...

Hi Roger, I like your FAQ section! And hopefully see you around again.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...