Friday, October 14, 2011

A Memory: Perspective

Every year the Grand Palais is given over to an artist whose task is to fill it. The yearly exhibition goes under the name of Monumenta and has been home to artists such as Anselm Keifer, Richard Serra and Christian Boltanski. This year was the turn of British/Indian Artist Anish Kapoor. I was a bit worried about going as the Frog really didn't get the point of Promenade by Richard Serra and didn't see how I could spend so much time fascinated by slabs of bronze. Well as you can see Leviathan was not a slab of bronze and I loved it so much that the next few week's memories will be made up of pictures of the Leviathan. Hope Anish doesn't mind.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Rosalind Adam said...

I have to admit to being a bit sad myself when it comes to sculpture. Slabs of bronze just don't do it for me but last time we were in Paris we went to Rodin's house and that was wonderful.

Unknown said...

Hello Mr. Lonely, and Rosalind, they were pretty impressive. Just the sheer size of them was amazing, but that's me. I love the Rodin museum too. His sculptures are amazingly sensual I find and I always want to touch them! Plus it's a great location and the gardens are free for families :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...