Thursday, February 22, 2007

Love at First Sight

I'm back from my few days in Berlin and I have to say that yes I fell in love at first sight. I looked up and there he was clicking away, his arms wide open in a protective manner. He looked all warm and cuddly as the cold north wind ruffled my fluffy white ear muffs and I... oh I just felt all gooey inside. I knew then that my life would never be the same, this man was going to have a lasting effect on me.

Later that afternoon after smiling coyly at him whenever I could I discovered that the fall of the Berlin wall and reunification had almost been the end of him. As the west set about modernising and unifying, he was replaced by a most boring upright figure, who in my opinion just doesn't cut it. But the East Berliners, now used to protesting stood up for my little friend and nowadays he delineates the old east and west borders instead of a huge concrete wall. Where my friend stands was the east and where he disappears was the west.

I hope you like him as much as I do!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Definitely a lot more fun that his boring, stalking Western counterpart, this dude's got character!

Unknown said...

Yep, you've got it Atyllah, he certainly has character... and a rather dapper little hat too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...