I'll get the link over and done with first. On Tuesday it's Fete de la Musique. This is an event that has been going on in France for as long as I've lived here. On the longest day of the year everyone is encouraged to pull out their instruments and tune up their singing voices and go out in public and sing and make music. I on the other hand have signed up to do the Summer Solstice Scrawl Crawl. It's a kind of Europe wide thing SCBWI event. The idea is to COMMIT yourself to doing something CREATIVE and then posting it up on the Scrawl Crawl blog. At first I said I would revise a chapter of my WIP, but that seems kind of boring compared to a road trip, or sketching in Madrid, London or Paris (all cities I've lived in BTW!) Anyway, we'll see what I come up with on Tuesday. Whatever it is, I may be getting a little help from the Boobalooba.
So as we are halfway through the year and I'm feeling kind of pleased with myself I thought I'd have a little reflection time and pat myself on the back.
On the first of January I set myself some goals. In my definitely category I said:
- I will finish the revision of A twist in the Tail.
- I will find, beg, ask someone to read the whole draft and critique it (any offers will be gratefully received and obviously I would love to critique an MS in return.)
- I will endeavour to go to all the critique group meetings, even if it means organising babysitting.
- I will start work on something new, either The Sands of Time or The Trelawney Funerals.
- I will not abandon the blog, even if at some point in 2011, I won't strictly be living in Paris any more, and I haven't done any exciting wandering for a few years.
Finally happy Father's day to all you dads out there and with that I will go see how my bread is doing.