So, here I am turning my mind to my writing resolutions 2012. Thankfully, what with it being January and all (just about) EVEYRONE has already posted theirs, so I've pilfered the useful ones!
- This one isn't directly a writing one. Someone wrote about mind and body and I'm certainly happier when there's a little physical activity going on in my life. NO! *blushes* I meant exercise, sheesh. So I'm going to swim once a week. I was aiming for 1k, but my sports coaches have pointed out that first I need to stop pushing off the sides of the pool!
- I will write a synopsis (Thank you writing gods. Nicola Morgane's Write a Great Synopsis came out YESTERDAY).
- I will write a query letter (I think that's Nicola's next book!)
- I will knock the revision of current WIP on the head.
- I will send off some pages to the editors/agents from the December conference I attended.
- I will write the first draft of the thing that I started in November.
- Crit group is a must (especially since we've shifted to evenings and there's a bottle of wine involved).
- Maybe attend one SCBWI thingie.
- Keep an eye out on the Chicken House website and see if they're running that MS comp again this year. (Part one of that plan is now in place in that I follow them on Twitter).
- Keep the social networking manageable -No Tweetdeck, cull regularly.
And lastly I will take the balloons down. Party time is over, it's time to get to work.