Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Tag you're it...

The lovely Beth from Thoughts from the Hearthfire has tagged me. The idea is to share ten random facts about myself. This is harder than one might first think, but anyway, here goes...

  1. I suffer from koumpounophobia. No seriously, I do. I particularly dislike plastic ones, and unnecessary ones, oh don't get me started on those. Ick, yuck, yucky, yucky yuck. 
  2. I'm also a bit traumatised by butterflies. They just flutter about oblivious to everything. I am not a flower butterflies. Stop scaring me. There is a reason behind this trauma, you can read about it here.
  3. I have, if it's possible, too many red shoes. This summer, after a particularly bad spate of not putting my shoes away, the bubba arranged them all in a pretty long line. They are all different shapes, sizes and shades, so it's alright really. Isn't it?
  4. I have a black cat called Merlin, you may have seen him skulking around the blog.
  5. I can't make pancakes. This could be described as problematic in a country that makes lots of money out of selling crepes, and Pancake day used to get me into a bit of a cold sweat, but guess what? I live in a country that sells ready made ones in the supermarket. Thank you France. 
  6. I am a pescatarian, not to be mistaken with Presbyterian. I live with two of the biggest meat eaters in the world and I apparently make a mean steak, but ... no... mmm... I just can't do it. 
  7. Since owning my first pair of DM's way back then, I have never been without a pair, or two, or three (and two of them are shades of red).
  8. I don't wear a watch, probably because I can't read them, although I used to come out with some complete BS about not wanting to be tied down by time. The folly of that became apparent when I started teaching and realised that I needed to know when playtime and PE ended. I bought a watch, this honking big black thing with big numbers that didn't make it any easier to tell the time. One day I was twirling it around my finger and flinging it into the air (you see I still didn't wear it) while waiting for the kids to line up and... well you can tell how this ends, right?
  9. I have a tree tattoo on my right ankle. Sometimes I forget that it's there and then I admire it all over again. 
  10. I'm terribly bad with time. When people asked my religion I used to say that my dad raised me to be  late. My friends used to tell me to be somewhere half an hour earlier than they were planning to be there knowing I would be late. And do you know, it's never my fault.
So now, I'm supposed to tag some peeps. So, I'm going to cheat big time. If you are doing the Writer's Platform-Building Campaign, and you like this tag, then take it, do it and just drop me a message in the comments section to let me know you've done it. I look forward to reading your random facts and I'll add the link to the bottom of this post just here...
  • Who will be first?

4 comments:

WritingNut said...

Awesome tidbits about yourself :)... I'm absolutely horrible with time too, and while I think butterflies are beautiful, they scare me too!

Unknown said...

Totally, I wonder if I could write a butterfly horror book!

Rebecca Emin said...

I enjoyed reading your random facts. I am a pescatarian as well. :o)

Unknown said...

Oh no Rebecca! There's a lot of Pestytarians about aren't there! Glad you enjoyed the post.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...