Sunday, October 14, 2007

When you're smiling...

It seems that I make people smile; well more specifically Vanilla, I make Vanilla smile. To prove that I make her smile she’s gone and given me this award, which in time honoured tradition I need to pass on to 5 people.

I always find that part so difficult because for a start you want to pick EVERYBODY. But then you go and think about it and the people you have picked have already got the award. The next thing you know you’re no longer smiling. And then you think about the people who you didn’t nominate and maybe they are no longer smiling.

But Susan at Patchwork Reflections, who made the award says, comments make her smile and everybody who comments deserves the award. Oh I see. So the last people who did actually make me smile because they left lovely comments were:

Jon (hobbies include gorehounds, writing children's books and collecting blog awards), Monsieur Moon Topples (who still plays with his spiderman toy, so of course he puts a smile on your face), Scarlett (the most enthusiastic blogger in the history of blogging), Matthew at Common Misadventures (who has got the most gorgeous picture of a woodpecker up, don’t get distracted by the baby squirrels, just keep scrolling down, you can do it), Vanilla (and her reflections), Minx (who has also got a big smiley moment captured on her blog) and Marie (who sings to put a smile on her face).

OK that’s not 5, but where did I get 5 from hey?

For Phoktober 14th here are some other things that made me smile.


I will do a proper Fete de la Vendange post later in the week, but in the meanwhile here is an erratum. Vendange means Harvest, so although this is to celebrate the Montmartre wine, it seems that because the wine is so bloody hard to get hold of and usually not very nice, now every winemaker is invited (which might be why my head hurts)!

10 comments:

Jon M said...

Cor! Thanks V. I'm glad I make you smile and it's not just wind! :-)

Marie said...

Thanks! I'm smiling now that I know I've made you smile. Makes a change from making people feel miserable. Your cat pic made me smile too.

mouse (aka kimy) said...

what a smiley morning I am having! thanks!!!

the cat smiling picture is precious!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the smile award! Now if I could just figure out how to get a cat to smile for me...

Unknown said...

See Jon, you've gone and made me smile again. I wonder if I made tiago smile though? Marie, come on? When EVER do you make people miserable. Hi Kimy glad I made you smile. And Matthew glad you liked the award. OK I'll come clean now. My friend said the cat 'looked' like he was smiling; he was actually in the middle of one his very long 'PICK ME UP NOW' miaows.

S. Kearney said...

Oh my goodness! Is that cat smiling? I have never seen a smiling cat! Our cat doesn't smile. I like it that dogs smile, with their tongues out. Cats always seem to have that neutral look, except when they yawn. But yours ... there ... is that a smile? :-)

The Moon Topples said...

Ver: Thanks so much, and of course you make me smile as well, or I'd have long since stopped reading your blog. Wait. That didn't come out right.

Great pics today. The cat, of course, is precious, but it's nice to get a glimpse of the things which make you smile.

Unknown said...

Aw, thanks for smiling back at me!
And I have to tell you, I love that picture of Tibo. I can't work out though... is he smiling at the prospect of being so close to your trainers or is it a kitty grimace...
;-)

Unknown said...

Honestly Shameless, it's all camera trickery, it was a very bad tempered: It's me time miaow.
Mmm... No that didn't really come out right ;) But I think you're really trying to tell me to stop posting pictures of my cat! OK I'll try. And Vanilla, did you see the smelly sock sticking out of one of them?

Wanderlust Scarlett said...

Thank you so much.
These two awards were pretty nice.
And two in a row! Wow.
I'm blushing now.

I really like that statue on the right there, of the lady sitting... can you tell me about it? I haven't seen it before.

Thank you.

Scarlett & V.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...