Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Writing on Wednesday: Is Facebook a complete waste of time?

I know that Debi has recently posted on a very similar subject, but trust me we're coming from different directions here.

I signed up for Facebook a couple of years ago, pestered into it by some fellow bloggers. Originally I spent much time being turned into a vampire or werewolf and having sheep thrown at me. After a couple of months of that, I shuffled back to the blogosphere and left FB alone, convinced that it was a complete waste of time.

The next time I logged on to FB it was with the very different intention of boring my scattered family to death with countless cute photos of my daughter. I feel I've actually got better acquainted with some of my more far away family. I've got a better idea what phone-phobic big bro is up to and I look at all cute baby pics (and some fluffy dogs too).

Now that the fog has cleared a bit and I have a few minutes to myself again, I've noticed some other useful things on FB. The SCBWI page has videos and links from the summer conference that I must check out. The SCBWI page also reminded me that it was NaNoWriMo, so I signed up for it. Please feel free to 'buddy' me if you are doing it, I need all the support I can get. Then Writing.Com, which does regular prompts, has an October calendar of regular prompts to get you ready for NaNoWriMo.
Today's homework

So, while I do spend an awful lot of time on FB playing Scrabble and Treasure Madness, there are some useful aspects to it. I'm looking forward to the day that I can use FB as a promotional tool, but let's get through NaNoWriMo first.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

sounds like FB is finally doing for you what it was always meant to do! ;-)

Unknown said...

You mean Scrabble isn't enough?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...